- Happy Easter!! And Happy Spring!!!
- You are invited to please share your thoughts about the topic of “The Welcoming Move-ment in Open and Affirming Churches” and “The Blue Book”, which was attached with the previous Newsy News. Our Church is looking into the process of becoming an open and affirming church to the LGBT community. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness.
- Spirituality Group is the 2nd Friday of each month at the church at 7:00pm. If you have a topic you would like to present or consider, please let Ernest know, as he coordinates the Group!! The plan for Spirituality Group for April 8 is to share favorite / meaningful quotes. Each of us may bring favorite and meaningful quotes to share with the group. As you might imagine, we can anticipate many thought-provoking ideas and sentiments to arise! All are welcome. Please come and share with us words that are special and meaningful to you! <3
- The Building Bridges event on Sunday March 20th was a huge success. Twelve visitors from Masjid al Salaam were our guests in the Fellowship Hall for lunch and fellowship. A few guests joined us for the service for which Imam Omar Shaheed delivered the message. Thanks, Church family members, for making this such a heartfelt and warm gathering. Thanks to John H for organizing it! We have gotten equally warm praise and thanks back from their group!
- Guess what! The Church is looking at our Mission Statement and hoping to come up with one that expresses our mission now! Our theme for this year is Families Matter, and we continue the essence of compassion, inclusiveness and acceptance. Surely you have some words too that come to mind when you think of the mission of our church. Please share these. Annie is your primary point of contact, but feel free to tell any Board member – John H, Marla, Michelle, Annie or Marsha.
We are going by these guidelines and want your help and thoughts!:
- Mission Statement Definition: A one sentence statement that tells the purpose of the church;
- Characteristics of Effective Mission Statements: concise, clear, and memorable;
- Example of Effective Mission Statement: Clayton Memorial Unitarian Universalist Church – a church family with a passion for compassion.
- Just a reminder that if you have an idea or concern for which you want some action from the Board, please give the idea in writing so that it may be shared with the entire Board. This is helpful in that we will all be clear on what you are proposing. Thanks!!